Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cooking Nun 2: Dinner with Friends

So, yesterday I went to the grocer's and picked up some ingredients for Orange Syrup as well as some essentials: Bread, Coffee, Milk, and the likes. Deals were scarce, but, as always, the Bakery dishes out their day-old bread for super-cheap, though I always feel like Mamimi when I go in asking for day-old bread.



I got home and boiled it up, let it cool in the fridge, and then set to slathering chicken in the stuff. First, I fried it up in a pan in the syrup with a little flour and salt. It came out really presentable, which is astounding because I'm usually really terrible with Rice - It somehow always winds up as this on-its-way-to-Congee paste brick.













It was nice, and I was content, but I still had some syrup and chicken left, and an orange in the fridge, so I decided that I'd make something else, too. Secret Friend and I have been on this diet-and-exercise routine for a bit, and I thought to use the syrup in a healthier way than frying stuff in a pan with it, so I set to grill, and whipped this up, on a skewer.













Finally, I thought to take a picture of my breakfast atop the College Request Envelope that I just got from Mizzou - the State University. I was kind of proud because they said that some ten-percent of students statewide get to see that Request paper, and that I'm some sort of super-gifted student or something. I'm a little saddened that, since I'm being moved to Syracuse, and likely attending in New York for some time, that I won't be able to take them up on the offer, but I'm really kind of flattered. I guess eating my sandwich and coffee off their request isn't the best way to show it, but I'm multi-tasking.














Anyways, I suppose that's really it - I didn't intend to weigh this post down so much with pictures, but I ended up doing it. In addition to all this Jazz, I've been playing quite a bit of Hisoutensoku. I'm told I'll play much better once I buy a game-pad, but having just bought groceries, that seems to be quite far-off. Okuu and I played a bit, so I could get the feel for it - I was brutally stomped (literally, actually - with a stone-encased foot.) but it was still good fun and I've learned that Suwako could be quite the annoyance if I learned to play her. Otherwise, I seem to enjoy played as Iku and Meiling.
Oh, and I don't know how to host - I think it's because I need ports forwarded...
That said, I'm a little shaky about leaping in head-first to tamper with my router, so if any of you are good at teaching, forwarding ports, or teaching someone to forward ports, I'd really like to pester you for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment