Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tomorrow is Special, Yesterday was Not.

It was my favorite song in Hisoutensoku, and then I guiltily realized it was also Suwako's theme, and that I must have looked like a vain bastard for picking it above all others regardless of who I was playing as.

It's definitely a happy skip-skip kind of song.

I wasn't criticized for my posture by Paul today, at the gym. He said it was good for once as I went for squats. My feet bend oddly when I kneel. My heels refuse to stay on the floor, and if I recline on them, my knees buckle, and I fall over. I think it might be a product of having worn the classic Forrest Gump style leg-braces as a small child, because my feet bent inwards. Nevertheless, I was also embarrassed to drop my first bar today. I went to bench something kind of absurd that a guy that was there before me left on, and I dropped it, though I caught it with an arm. My thumb and forearm are bruised and swollen, but it's definitely survivable.

It's been wet today. Not rainy, but the air is almost heavy with humidity, without any heat. It's kind of like the showers at community centers when people have just used them - always cooling and thickening the changing rooms - and everything's in a state of perpetual morning dew.

I'm preparing to mail a list of my extracurriculars, Honors, and volunteer work to the University of Saskatchewan and the New York University. It looked surprisingly slim, but some of the people at the program helped me inflate it a bit by listening the different agencies I did the same work for, and putting down the one-day events I staffed, too, like the Airshow I worked an Icecream Kiosk at. It at least looks lengthy. I'm worried they'll squint and say, "Hey-! This is all retail and animal-care!"

I doodled something like this in pencil. Again, it looks a little better on the post-it I scribbled it on, but I thought, "I could do this in MSPaint!".
I've been contemplating renting Oblivion so I could put on a Hood and max out Hand-to-Hand combat, without any commitment like moving a chair down here, because we've sold all the furniture, or being short the $40 or so the game probably costs.
I'm fond of Hand-to-Hand combat, because so many games would prefer to give you a sword.

I've got tomorrow to myself, and all the curry and coffee I could ever hope to want.
Tomorrow is special. Yesterday was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment