Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh Boy, Do I Have A Tale for You.



Alright, it's been awhile since I had an honest to goodness update, and that's because, well, a lot of stuff been going on, and I've been busy tossing it about and dealing with it all. It's been a pretty crazy scenario, all in all, and I'm going to tell you about most of it, if not all of it.

First off, we're getting the stuff squared away for my International Diploma to Canada. I put on my suit and barged into the a little meeting between the TAG-Service people I've met - that is, "Talented And Gifted". I sat down to discuss Letters of Recommendation with Freiling, Early, and found Lawrence Pilgram to be well-retired. If I want to get one out of him, I'll have to call him up. However, with his extensive history in Academics and Teaching, and our shared love of bad jokes, I think I may be able to get it all the same - Pilgram, if you don't recall, is the odd one who had me lower my bare arm into electrified saline for a demonstration. All that's squared away, and while I'm cocksure of myself because I've gotten all this squared away myself and oddly not much for religious stock, I have taken a bit of it to heart, after an odd discussion from by parents about having to raise me as teens. They said, in addition to all that, that people tend to write Teen Pregnancies off as some sort of failure before anything happens, and that everyone was doubting me as I was born premature, so they're very pleased for me to be, well, kind of self-made. It was an odd discussion that ate up half my day while they sat on the porch with cigarettes and tea.

Despite classes and this new tutoring gig I've picked up on the side to earn a bit of extra college recognition, I also see a job in the future. The guy at Ryan's has given me his word that he'll hire me for my persistence and patience, having showed up repeatedly, and waited the upwards of an hour for an interview on one occasion, so long as I come back September. I won't have too terribly long to work, seeing as we're still going to Syracuse before I strike off for Saskatchewan, but I figure, "Hey, I've got his word and money's money," so I think I'm going to take what I can get.

Remi's Old Man died. I'm not sure what from, but they did perform an autopsy. You just don't ask "Hey! What'd your dad die from?" so, well, I'm not going to have much to say on that specific part. Remi's pretty old, though, so at least they've had some time together. He was out with his extended family, and his family-family has decided to come back from vacation early on the grounds that it's a Family Emergency. Give him some encouragement or cheer-up, if you'd like - He's got a Blog of his own and that's probably the best place to put it.

My mop's been chopped, and I'm now sporting my signature bobcut. That won't be for too terribly long, it'd seem, though. A good friend of mine, Dez, has asked to cut my hair for practice - she wants to be a stylist and has been doing hair for quite some time, and while I'm still a little leery about letting someone who operates out their friend's car with a pair of scissors cut around my head, I figured this is my last full year in Missouri and possibly the United States, so what do I have to lose?
She was ecstatic and now I'm penciled-in for "Whenever that damned bobcut's gone."

I'm now on a sort of weird diet, too.
I have a very secretive and anonymous friend who I've known for a bit over a year, and they've decided to undertake some rather odd eating habits, halving all their servings and drinking water while exercising sporadically. I don't know what compelled me, perhaps because they're a bit of a mentor in a weird way, but I've decided to join them. I've still got to be careful though - I want to be able to donate blood on the eleventh.

Some odd things kind of reared their head in my personal life, too.
I think, however, it can be summed up with This Comic
In short, I'm Canada-bound, and while I know it's not foolproof, it kind of puts a wrench into an old, great friend's warming heart.

I also got into a silly scrap with Alex. He ended up tearing my postcards in a half 'n half fit of anger and exhaustion, but we made up afterwords. I kind of mentioned it while sitting with my parents and their cigarettes and tea, and I was told something odd. In a nutshell, it was "You can always mail more crap to them. You can't, however, get another one of this specific person to mail things to. So what if they destroyed some paper, at least they didn't destroy what the two of you have."

...That's an awful big nutshell.

Anyways, it's been kind of a busy deal, if you can't tell.
There's a lot going on.
That said, it's mildly refreshing, though I can't help but feel I've
been missing out on a few people because of it all.

All in all, this are fast-moving and pretty good.

Today's picture looked a little better before some odd stuff happened with the face.
Yeah, I don't know. I may try something outside of my pencil tools next time - I've been drawing some inspiration from this odd doodle of Dorei and want to try my hand at some paint-chattish work.

No comments:

Post a Comment