Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee.

So Canada is either canceled or postponed indefinitely. I guess I don't really mind - the other half of the equation didn't seem too terribly hurt, though I think we were both very disappointed. The only real trouble is I'm looking ahead and see that now there's nothing for me to work so hard for, save for myself.

I don't know what that's like - I've always had a goal other than my own benefit. I've never worked really hard for myself, any benefit's just kind of been a fortunate side-effect. I hope I don't lose my edge now that it's just me...

I'm getting all dolled up for registration due to this portrait of John F. Kennedy. Just going to go in with my suit, I suppose. This means my birthday's just a little over three weeks away - I'm mildly excited because it means I'll be allowed to sign the injury-waivers that are presumably keeping me from employment, which means I can make a quick buck or two before I head for Syracuse and get everything squared away from there.

A neat thing is, it'd seem my secret friend and I will be rather close when I hit Syracuse. Perhaps I can meet them for something? I'm not planning anything until I get there, though. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

I finally got the cat urine out of my bed, and can now sleep easy in my room, as opposed to the floor or the empty room upstairs. I purchased some coffee in preparation for tomorrow, and I plan to drink it black, without the shotglass of Milk I usually enjoy with it.
I've been doing a lot of work and such in preparation, and have enjoyed the Turnabout Jazz Soul cover of "The Fragrance of Dark Coffee" to it all, so I'm on a bit of a Godot kick.

I've recently taken up Minecraft's single-player. I'm terrible at it, and after building myself a shelter looking akin to a Iroquois Longhouse, I set out to gather wood for crafting and building only to be stuck full of arrows and die. I plan to gather up a lot of Mushroom Stew and Bread for the sole purpose of religious jokes: Islam forbids Pork and Buddhism encourages a vegetarian diet, so whatever religious prod you make at me, I'm spoken for. My map is a nice, snowy one. I like it because it makes me think of the Snow Realm where you meet the Yuki-Onna in Yume Nikki.

Planning on returning to a nice morning routine. It should be easier now that I've got my sleeping under control.

Also gave Jennifer a long overdue call. She's doing well, and she says she'll let me write her postcards after I move, due to my staunch refusal to use Facebook. Yet again, she offered me to accompany her Friday Night round of Dungeons and Dragons. I may take her up on it. I'm not certain - I've always been hesitant to cement my geekiness into tangibility by giving Pen-and-Paper a whirl, but she's a swell friend, so I may have to take her up on it at least once before I pack my bags.

Wish I had more to say, and I probably do, but I've got more things to take care of and plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment