Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kumoi Story.


I've been playing a lot of Minecraft and, being a kind of unpopular character unless people are a fan of ZENI, I had to make my Own Skin. It came out kind of lousy. So did my attempt to make Pixel-Art of Misery from Cave Story.

I decided I'd play as Madotsuki for a bit instead.

Yume Nikki.

Cave Story.

Minecraft.

They're all really blocky and pixelated, so I wanted to try my hand at that sort of style. I opened up MSPaint, zoomed it in as far as it would go, made this, and then got into photoshop and enlarged the daylights out of it. It's Kumoi-Brace. Would you like to trade your Polar Star for my Fists?

I really like the little Unzan soft-serve tip at the top. It was accidental and came about while erasing some extra pink.
Also, I tried to draw it all in Photoshop, originally.
That's a terrible idea, don't do it. It'll chuck stray pixels everywhere.

Things are good. I'm still feeling invulnerable.
My secret-friend has declined my request for a postcard,
which had me a little deflated, but. But-!
We may be eating at an old-fashioned diner sometime in the near future.

I think this more than makes up for mail, though I'd like to get them something for their birthday all the same. Tom and I share a birthday, and Secret-Friend's is just around the corner. I've got a little bit of dough set aside for gifts - about $50, so not anything absurdly generous - but I'd like to hook both of them up all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment