Monday, March 28, 2011

Paru du Jour

I'd had a conversation with Parsee in the space between discussing Momiji with Pyon and Futae no Kiwami jokes with Shameimaru.

Parsee'd paged through here and said, "There's so much Freudian bullshit with that Fish Taco".

I said it was actually supposed to be worse, because the recipe I was using initially called for Cilantro, which would have turned the entire deal green. I'd omitted the Cilantro because I didn't want to purchase and eat the crap purely for the sake of a bit of innuendo.

Parsee thought about it for a moment before saying, "Y'know, I've never seen a Fish Quesadilla. It's a novel idea."

Here you go, Bridge-t.

Beyond Food, and over the shire to the Valley of Me, things are okay.
I've just finished reading the Initial Script for Clerks, one of my favorite films. The slated ending was pretty odd - In the film, Dante and Randal have this brawl in the store, have a conversation while exhausted, and realize they're still friends before Randal Randal-walks out the store.






If all went as Scripted, Dante would have promptly been shot after that, and a gunman would've emptied the register before bailing. In dark humor, a customer would have peeked in afterwords and cried, "...Hello? A little help?" and upon finding the store empty, would have taken a pack of cigarettes and bailed.

What a shit ending. I'm glad Dante lives.

The script-reading is in preparation for an Indie-Film I'll be making in my quest for College Credit. A friend of mine and I have slated "Frank & Stein", a Corporate Frankenstein film. It's centered around Frankenstein's Monster as he goes about his mundane little cubicle-job. It's done in a fashion akin to "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker" or "Trailer Park Boys", and even has a homage to the two when an employee named Ricky continually submits "OFFICE LINEBACKER." into the Suggestion Box. Franky's going to try to implement it, but on the Office Budget, can only afford an "Office Receiver", which is a guy name Terry who stands by a trashcan, assisting people who attempt to throw things into the trashcan from afar.

There's some other silly things in it, and it'll open up with Jonathan Coulton's "Code Monkey". More or less on that depending on how stressful the process of making this proves to be.

Mildly irrelevant, but I'll be attempting to default my computer to fix the constant I/O Errors and Router issues that plague this lousy laptop. If I manage, I'll see if I can get Parsee to help me tweak Minecraft to my settings and maybe host for some Hisoutensoku or Warcraft III, which I torrented awhile back with hopes of Paladin-ing alongside Sparrow.

Fingers crossed, lads.
By the by, the Fish Quesadilla? Dynamite.

2 comments:

  1. You just discovered the wonders of the Fish Quesadilla? My, my. Been making tuna quesadillas for the family for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd known the Fish Taco, long before, but yes. By God, you've been living large, huh, Chief?

    I'd make more, because they're delicious and pretty slimming, but I'm short tortillas.

    ReplyDelete