Thursday, March 17, 2011

Plat du Jour

I've been Anemic, as of late.
My Biomedical Instructor made the diagnosis as to why I am tired by 7:00 while my head spins like a top for the entirety of the day prior. As such, I thought to use a little meat, and maybe balance-out that Iron level.




It's just another toss-over-ramen bit. Boiled the Gyoza and Chicken together before generously applying a new Curry-style Rub I found to everything and foil-baking it.

Took it out. Tossed over noodles. Slurped generously. Mouth numbed from small but powerful addition of red pepper. Entire kitchen smells like curry-powder.

There's an additional breast I cooked along with it all leftover. It's just kind of sitting there - I'll see what I can do with it. It'll probably be the same scenario, only thrown over some rice.

A little irrelevant but, yesterday, I woke up with this deep longing to visit the sea once more. I've only been to the sea twice, and only one of which do I hold any sturdy memories of. I woke up with the faintest hint of salt on my nose, and I starting craving that thick-feeling, perpetual breeze on the sandless coast, and the saline-and-grass smell that accompanies it.

Then I damned the fact that I'm in the landlocked Midwest...

I want to try a seafood dish. Shrimp's a little pricey, but I might spring for it. In addition, I was paging through a recipe for Fish Tacos - very healthy ones. It alternated the crunch of batter for lightly cooked onion. It used a lot of lime as well - I'm a sucker for citrus.

They also had a pretty bold bit for Scallops.
I've wanted to prepare Scallops for a bit, but I've never had them before, and I bet they're pricey, too...
...I just like the way they look. Scallops are very nice-looking. Cute and dainty, and you can serve them alongside the shell to look awful showy.

Gotta place a New York call before it gets too late. Miss 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment