Thursday, March 10, 2011

Plat du Jour.

This is the Blancmange Cirno and I discussed. I made it with the fact that I was going to eat it for breakfast in mind, so it's flavored with Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Grapefruit - the Vanilla adds that smooth taste that Blancmange is known for, and the Grapefruit and cinnamon add a subtle twang to it all.


A humorous fact and amusing innuendo is the name - Blancmange (pronounced: 'Bluh - Monj') just means "White Stuff".

Any other citrus fruit will do for the flavoring, as you essentially just boil the rind and cinnamon in a cup of milk - next time around, I would like to try Kumquat - they're very popular in Corfu, which is where Milo and Simon meet the Mediterranean Lady in "Hot Show".

Followed it up with coffee, and rejoiced.

Also, I broke the little bowl I cool desserts in and eat everything from...
I dropped it while trying to open the door with the camera, my coffee, and the bowl in hand.

Lest we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment