Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Death, Dumplings, and the Woes of Terajima Ryoko.

So this guy I used to lift weights with, Mason, was hit by a bus, yesterday.It killed him, and because the News Team here works in backass nowhere, there's been a huge uproar over it.Perhaps it'll take people's minds of the Mosque?
I didn't know him well, but he liked my labcoat, and he seemed like an okay, if not loud, person. I felt kind of guilty because everyone was in a grieving fit and here I am, popping into the gym to lift still.

I think Paul might have taken offense to that.

On the other side of the moon, though, I made some leek dumplings when I got home. They were delicious. I served them up with a sauce made from rice vinegar (which I've had a bottle of for about a year now, but no excuse to much of) soy-sauce, and chili-peppers. It was pretty nice. Moreover, none of them burst when I steamed them up, so when I fried them up to give them that chewy texture everyone likes, leek-bits weren't swimming around the pan.













Also, I got into a discussion about why I always take the Big Stupid Hammer (B.S.H) route in Vidya. The answer is because they always get dealt the crappy hand, on the idea of fairness. Do you know why Kite, the main character of .hack//, uses knives and not Terajima Ryoko's Axe? Because knives swing faster, and late-game, when you have a powerful knife, that makes Kite a key member of the Party for his ability to hit 9999's in six-chain combos, as opposed to Terijima, who will hit a lone 9999 (perhaps earlier in the game than Kite, mind you.) at the speed of a snail's brisk jog...
Game Damage is usually limited to 9999 to prevent a group of people swinging Hammers to simply all swing at once at a really big target, and kill it instantly' at the same time, the ability to hit beyond the 9999 mark, which their faster comrades will reach in due time, is the only thing that limits the Hammer User's effectiveness. Perhaps if that lone Hammer hit for 10,200 instead of 9999, more people would use them...

Such are the woes of Terajima Ryoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment