Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PATHAKAsleep.

So, my headscarf has arrived. I've been wearing it for a solid three days or so. It's very comfortable because it's warm when it's cold, and cold when it's warm. I've begun my job-hunt, and once again, I'm making liberal use of my Inside Sources. Ever better, this time around? I've found a Writing Portion. They wouldn't let me paste the same resume I've been whoring to Scholarship Committees and Colleges into their submit-box, so I wrote this short, to the point deal about my qualifications. I think it's much better than telling them I want to be a Doctor, and my chest is ablaze with manly, manly lovin'. Speaking of chests, or rather torsos, I've also decided to work on my abs. There was a fashion magazine lying about, and I slit out a "Guide to Killer Abs" with the utility knife I carry for opening boxees. Whether following these instructions leave my midsection looking more like a Serial Killer's or Yuugi's has yet to be determined. I've been sleeping an absurd amount, too. Like, I take a nap before I sleep? And then I go to bed. I catch more Z's than Sanae does V.D.s. My bed is the hardest-working thing in my home. Before I sleep, though, I play the Omega Boost soundtrack. When I was eight or so, I was a huge fan of Eiffel 65, and I remember my parents buying me their album for my birthday, as Torrenting and such had not yet really struck-out for gold, yet. Have you ever heard "My Console" by them? Essentially, it was the Playstation-Anthem. I had played all the games he'd sung about in the song, with the exception of Omega Boost. I never forgot that, and last Saturday, I was sitting here thinking, "...You know, I don't even know what the hell Omega Boost is." I looked it up, and found it to be a widly praised Macross-Style Giant Robot Game. Apparently, it had a great soundtrack, which has become something of a collector's item. With my technologies a decade in the making, I torrented the soundtrack, and I've been listening to it throughout my day. "PATHAKA" has the coolest title, but "SPARK OF DRUM" and "ATTACK IN WAVES" are probably the best tracks on the album. In closing, while catching a ride from Biomed to West Haverill, a man fell asleep on me. It was kind of nice - I know a lot of people would be kind of put-off or angry if a stranger fell asleep on them, but he wasn't a drunk or anything. Just lying there with his Coke-Bottle Glasses, snoring on my jacket. Someone I presumed a friend of his, a little embarrassed, nudged me to wake him after thirty minutes or so, and he pressed his glasses down and thanked me for getting him up at his stop. I'm kind of hoping to treat a friend or two to that snooze-worthy shoulder. Mark me down as fond of Public Transportation. Sometimes, you meet neat people that way.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, but like you say I'm going to have to have some sandwiches on your head.

    ReplyDelete