Monday, November 8, 2010

Daylight Savings Time.

So Daylight Savings Time has come around, once again, and I love it. Without adjusting my clock, it allows me to wake up at 5:00, while technically waking up at 4:00.

This leaves me two hours to tape up my broken work-clothes, paint on old sheets, shower, finalize reports for College Government, find out why my headscarf isn't fitting as snugly as I'd like, reinstall my Paint tools, draw for the Blog again, make coffee, make tea, make breakfast, and such.
This sense of extra time was momentarily cut short, today, when I realized the bottom lock to my home is broken, and spent two hours looking for a way to get indoors before it got dark -- dark is a dangerous time of day.

Applying for Scholarships is proving to be a bit more of a task than I've anticipated.
I've done eight and I need to reach a quota of twenty. This is particularly frustrating when the councillor I was fowarded to has no time to handle my petty requests for an opportunity to boil-down Iona College, which has proved to be a bit sketchy with its details. I have to leave a big, drawn-out "Uhhh..." anytime an application asks for the price tag on my post-secondary education, and they're piling up fast in my portfolio...

What's worse is, the Councillor is proving to be a bit unprofessional. She only today told me, after the put-together of my portfolio, that I need to hold the entirety of it together solely with paperclips, or the schoolboard will not handle it. I told her I'd already used staples, and she waved me off, saying I need to just reprint the forms elsewhere. I told her it was a big inconvenience, with my printer being low on Ink, as well as theirs, and that printing the thirty papers gathered so far would cost me a few slim dollars at the local library. I asked her why the information was so last-minute.

She said, "We'd forgotten."

"We'd forgotten"?
That doesn't work for me, when you make me sign a legal document to create this portfolio.

...I'm making it seem much more epic than it was, I'm really just miffed that my portfolio's been tossed into a recycle-bin until I can get to the public library...

In closing, now that I can use Paint again, I've drawn you this peppergun.
I was trying to decide why it's my favorite weapon to use in non-lethal takedowns for Deus Ex, when I suddenly imagined spraying Unzan into someone's face like Pepperspray, or throwing a Tear Gas Grenade, and having Unzan fill the room like, "Don't mind me - don't want to be a burden", while corrupt Secret Police cough and wheeze.

It seemed like a good idea at 4:00 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment