Monday, February 20, 2012

Pardon the Delay.

It's been awhile since I've written. You might be thinking it has anything to do with my prior post, but you'd be largely incorrect - I've simply begun oddjobbing oncemore and it has been taking my hours from 8:00 to 8:00. It's not a spectacular take either; I'm planning on walking away with a one-hundred twenty dollar profit. When I figure for the pizza-order I placed across the nation for my favorite impoverished armpit-displayer, the cottonweed seeds I ordered, and the five dollars this printpress studio stiffed me, it's really a ninety-something profit.

The pizza was worth it. I got to request "Please flirt shamelessly," upon the ordering instructions.

The photo-place was probably worth it, too. They charged me $5.00 for a $0.53 order and they kind of misunderstood my postcard orders and gave me an entire sheet of Saint Astraea, but I know how they do things now and I know that they charge a flat rate of $5.00 to run any order that's under $5.00, so next time I can come in with a pocketful of change and get the orders I'd actually like to have - and on cardstock, too. I don't even have to pay extra for cardstock, and that stuff's outrageously expensive. As I see it, I may as well have payed five bucks to learn the proper way to order custom postcards in bulk. The long walk to get there in my crappy work-shoes blistered the heels of my feet, though. Like, right on the bottom too - who the hell gets the bottom of their feet blistered? It's always the ankles or the toes. Only coal-walkers get heel-blisters.

My family's away in New York City for a bit, which is kind of nice. Everything's quiet for a change; no rants, no opera fanfare at 11:00 PM, no Rhianna or Adele - I know I'll sleep well tonight. Part of me wants to pretend it's a double-edged affair and that I'll be kind of bored without them, but I'm frankly spending most of my day elsewhere before going to bed early so it's not like I'm seeing too much of anyone anyways.

I wish I had more to say, but I've been up since 3:00, so my head's sort of foggy. I have no idea why I keep beating my alarm, but I'm not keen on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment