Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Lethargy-Infestation of the Osteographics.

The technical jargon for the colloquial "Lazy Bones."

I've been taking it easy. It might not look like it, because of my really run-around schedule, but I have.
I've considered pondering a new handle - I was particularly captured by "Saint Runabout."

All the same, I've been getting up at 6:00, which is a whole hour longer than usual, and a whole three hours more than what I was getting before waking up at 6:00, because I'd been beating my alarm and waking up at 3:00. It might be a cause for concern. I don't know what's making so tired at the minutes between 8:00 and 9:00 PM, but it's really got me on the ropes and I'm starting to feel like a real lightweight.

I've been working out with an unusual intensity, but the intensity is so much so that I can only do the new ab-routine I've started once every two days. I tried to sneak in an extra set between convalescence and it just broke me. I've been using my old one in between while I kind of heal-up. I've kind of been writing off all my sleep-early antics off on that, but in retrospect it might not be the case. I just don't know - maybe I should take up more tea or coffee?

Yesterday was great. I got my letters out - I'd been meaning to mail out tea for Emily and An for like, weeks, and I finally got it out of the way. I've been doing a whole lot better when it comes to getting mail out because I've re-purposed an old messenger bag of my little sister's into a mail bag that straps me kind of like a backpack, which now allows me to sprint myself there as opposed to walking with papers tucked under my jacket so I can tuck my freezing hands into my pockets and move at a snail's brisk jog, insuring that I don't bend the postcards I'm sending.
Without the risk of dropping my wallet, losing my keys, or bending my letters, I'm just an utter tank getting there. My pockets have been replaced, forever.

I've been spending more and more time offline or online but not really there because I'm busy - I apologize about that. I almost feel like I'm growing up and finding better ways to apply my time and prioritize, though I do worry it's coming at the expense of something or someone, which will likely rear its face in posts to follow this one.

In the time since Onni's death, I've had quite a bit of trouble roleplaying - he and I used to do it very often, and I loved the fact that he'd let me get away with writing pages upon pages of scenery. I can say there's only been one that I'm remotely proud of that's happened since. I think I've found an outlet for my creativity that less-often ends with people vanishing or a sour mood by keeping my hands busy with pencils and postcards.
I don't know. I want to roleplay, but nothing seems like it's matching up. Maybe this is a great opportunity to work more on D.B. Krmmstopp's Universal Almanac? After my mouse broke, I kind of lost my drive to finish it because I couldn't handle the meticulous pixel-work I needed to do without the convenience of a smooth-scrolling cursor. Now, it's kind of an open slate, if I care for it to be. I might care.

Or, perhaps I'm just maturing. Maybe I've matured beyond writing fluff and I'm kind of at that try-hard turning point in my life again. The last was when I'd decided I would get into the University of Saskatchewan
(Which I did.) so I'm kind of overdue. I might buckle-down and really get some stuff done while time and mentality permit it.

I've got an open window - why not climb out it?

No comments:

Post a Comment