Monday, January 9, 2012

Cusp-Leap.

Things are rather well as of late. Forgive me for being a little less than vocal about it, they've simply been busy with the same reasons that you've come to expect: Change is in the making, and this time, it's coming to fruition. Thank you, God, for giving me the resolve to follow through with all this in spite of my admitted fears.

I've finished the little banner for the top. I was originally going to swap it to White, but it's just dark enough, yet colorful enough to work. Smile's house has such odd vomit-like colors that the text looks nice when I make it to match because it adds just a touch of not-red or white.
I'm looking for places to add his "Bleeding Eye" and "Broken Smile" fliers that are pasted all over the classrooms of the School, but I don't really have any ideas how to re-organize my Followers List and About Me tab where they would be sort of welcome, let alone how to incorporate them there in HTML. Sometimes, I have regrets about getting my answers from brief periods of study in Technological Education. If I'd not been such a shirk, I'd be able to handle wiring, lathing, HTML, and XYZ coordinate entry.

I've a meeting with the local college I've settled on. It's not exactly prestigious, but it's close and manageable. It also has on-campus living arrangements and I'm hoping Scholarships for academic merit, as I'm in the top-quarter for receiving those and supposedly the college's talent pool is rather limited. Whether this is a good thing and I'll be favored or whether the nail that sticks out highest will be hammered hardest has yet to be seen. More on that when I've toured, talked, and such.

Last night was a beautiful evening. The moon wall bright and beautiful as it's been for the past few days, but this time it was cloudless and striking. It was just cool enough to see your breath, which let me sleep with the window open and without regrets in the morning. Prior to sleeping, I enjoyed Emily's lovely company. She's received the tea I sent her, and has prepared a lovely letter from her and her mother. A cork-board just won't do it justice, and I think I will frame it in a nice glass case. A memento like that makes my heart melt and my ambition burn.

I spent most of the day cooking for people, cleaning, and helping my little sister wrap her head around the failures of the Treaty of Versailles and how it ultimately was a coupon for World War II. And then longer rewording and even writing a few portions of her essay over it. She's a brilliant girl, just not a good History student, whereas I won my high school's Cup for History.

I'm just leaping off the cusp into independence. I hope it rewards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment