Friday, October 28, 2011

Plat du Jour.

So it's been awhile since I've done one of these. The plate of the day is Amandine, and it was recommended by Hjalmar. It's a Romanian dessert, and while mine looks suspiciously like any other slice of chocolate cake would, it's glazed with dark-chocolate, filled with a cocoa butter-cream, and soaked in a cappuccino-flavored syrup.

You are gaining weight just by looking at it.

It was thoroughly eaten by my sister, but not me as I was ill at the time, and couldn't taste anything; I think this is largely a product of the unseasonably cold weather that's been plaguing Upstate New York for awhile now - it actually snowed last night, though nothing stuck. It's nice, until your feet get cold. If your feet get cold and you've already taken a shower, you'd better deal with it, Chump, because you're having perpetually-iced feet until you sleep.

I believe I've found work in the form of a man with an extraordinarily thick Jewish accent. His name is Dominick, and he operates a local Pharmacy. I had gone in to apply for lousy clerk-work with a man named Niles, and he essentially said, "How's about I dial up the Pharmacy, and see if they can help you?"

I explained to Dominick that I would be limited hours so long as I didn't own a car, but that I was content to walk if need be, to his Pharmacy. He said he was willing to accommodate me and let me work weekends, which leaves me with some time to work a second job, possibly Bayberry Uniforms who I am meeting with next week, if I would like to.

It's kind of unfortunate that all of this good favor hits me just as I prepared to shack-up with Meiling to play Ragnarok Online in my spare time, but I can't complain. Perhaps, with employment sorted and all going well, I can feel free to be a bit more generous with mail, and that's more than hopping about as a Taekwon would net me.

I've upped my weight at the Gym a little. I'm slowly inching towards my goals.

It was also John and my Mother's birthday last night. I treated my mother to Sushi, and I'm treating John to a Cucumber Soda I've been saving for him.

I also won a Cooking Contest. I feel very esteemed. I won with Chili, which is not usually my favorite thing to prepare, but I prepare it well.

In closing, I've been on a bit of a PREPOSTERONE kick. It's rather troublesome, as I've begun to lose my polish in favor of my sexual appetite. I'm trying to keep it managed, and I've dodged a lot of oncoming advances...

...It feels really good to do that. It reassures me that I'm thoroughly and happily enchanted by my special someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment