Thursday, October 13, 2011

Feverish, Stinking of Licourice, and Overeager.

That about describes me at the moment.
Some odd illness has passed from my little sister to myself. I'm not certain what it is, but it's hit her far harder than it has I, insofar, with her in bed and perpetually wracked by headaches while I'm parading around damp-faced and fatigued.
When it's "Some more than others", I'm almost exclusively "than others."

She's been to the hospital and she's thoroughly medicated, full-bellied, and has returned to bed for the third time or so today after watching "I Love the Eighties".

I don't know if any of you know this, but Altoids makes Liquorice Mints. Real liqourice, not any of that cherry-flavored bullshit. They're mouth-stingingly awful - almost overpoweringly "liquorice", like taking a lick from a bottle of anise-flavoring - but I can't stop suckling on them regardless of how terrible they are. It's just that seasonal flavor I was craving.
Between Mellowcreme Pumpkins and Candy Corn, Autumn just leaves me with a craving for bad candy. Like an anti sweet-tooth. It's delightfully bad. I plan on chowing on a fistful of them while I work out, because I tend to go dry-tongued from all the "Suu. Haa. Suu. Haa" I do while lifting...

You know the noise. Go into a Gym. That's what weight-rooms sound like. Suu. Haa.

I've been a bit busier than usual - I was juggling some legal-stuff and gathering resources for a friend of a friend. It's been largely resolved, at least to the extent of making everything available, and verifying its legal integrity.

I had a pretty good though racially-insensitive conversation with John last night, while we weighed the literary devices of Langston Hughes for an essay he had asked for my input in regard to. There were liberal use of terms like "Black Continent" and a pretty good quip where, after asking me why I couldn't connect to African American literature, John said, "I love it. It makes like, want to go out. And get more rights."

It was probably funnier in timing.

Emily's graduation is hindered by but a single credit and the submitted paperwork.
I'm excited, and glad to have had a hand - though a small one - in it.

I helped Aaron diagnose an allergy to his detergent as well...

...I guess it's been a helpful week. I'm beat though, and a little dejected.
But I'll bounce back. I always do.

1 comment:

  1. I pray you and your Sister get well soon Zach.. And sorry about not speaking last night I felt.. you needed rest for some reason. >.<

    ReplyDelete