Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fuggituhbowdit.

I spent most of today visiting the Little Italy side of New York. They had an Italian heritage festival there, where there was more eggplant, tomato, and oregano going around than I could handle. When I got home, I thought to try two recipes I'd encountered there - fried ravioli and the caprese baguette.

Some family tension kind of broke there.
My sister and mother broke into a bit of a square-off after my mother inadvertently ditched her at a clothing outfitter - which happened to have all sorts of crazy stuff that I bet a few friends of mine would dig - they had this oldschool hat that would've made Liam look like This Guy, only blonde-ish.

I'm short fifteen bucks after going, but y'know?
I think it was worth it to have something to write about.

The postal service is finally re-handling Hjalmar's package.
I hope to have it out. Again.

By the by, the Caprese Baguette?

Totally easy to make.
Mozzarella on a baguette, set to broil. Cook two strips of bacon, and once the fat renders, drop three slices of tomato into it with an Italian herb of your choice.
Pat it all down, later it, and squish it so that mozzarella runs over everything.

Perfect.

Also, I felt sort of good about myself. At this little antique joint, they had some vintage postcards - y'know, the sort that look like watercolor paintings and daguerreotypes?
My sister tried to get me one before she realized she didn't have her money on her.
Said, "You're always getting me things. I wanted to return the favor."

I think that, coupled with the fact that my mother wouldn't give her the postcard on-credit because she was on her way out kind of let the animosity between them smolder.

Regardless, I was really flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment