Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Will I Ever Sleep?"

Outlook cloudy, try again later.

For the first time in a long time, I've come to you with a doodle. I was propping my feet up and watching a Fallout stream of Remilia's - we have a running joke that Chuck, a vomit-inducing Super-Mutie, is Unzan as his alternate weapon is simply STRONG PUNCH. This was the humble origins of Chuckzan, the mightiest party-member in the group. I decided I would draw him. And Remilia with her Gatling Laser. And then the Okuupus, with her ninth leg.

Pretty soon, I was on a doodle-kick. I hope to have some more for you later. Hopefully better ones - I didn't really have a character in mind for this, so it was a lot of winging-it. Taking the Remilia-with-a-Gatling Laser off my notebook should be easy, because I know how to draw a Remilia. No real creative liberties there.

I've been sort of busy trying to get reemployed here. In between running job-applications and eating plums, I've been keeping busy by doodling, reading and playing Arcanum. Reading what, you may ask? Dominic Deegan. It's a nifty little pun-laden comic, and it's got like, a million pages. The art gets progressively better as the pages go up.

I particularly liked Luna - she reminded me of Arcanum, which got me in the mood to play it once-more with a little help from all the Fallout stream as the games are a little similar. She's not exactly pretty. I like the idea of a beauty-in-the-personality heroine, though she still suffers from the occasional flare-up of Marysue-itis. Preferences aside, I've been nominated as Szark Sturtz: Gay, competing with women, and delightful almost-pious. You won't see any of that during his first introduction - he's just a villain that time around. Give it a read if you're eager to kill time; I'm only into 2006 and it's gone clear up into 2011. I admire that writer's tenacity.

New York's a pretty okay place insofar, by the by. My lack of furniture, my biggest complaint, will change in a week or so. I went to the local supermarket, Wegman's, and by God, it was like walking into my dreamland. Every backwards-ass recipe ingredient I've ever needed. Bundt pans. Tea-infusers. Yerba Mate. Mangosteens, a curry aisle. Mindblowing. I told the cashier, Sidhe, "I've just found where half my paychecks are going to be spent."

Oh, and on employment - It seems like it's down to The Salvation Army, Starbucks, a Pharmacy, and Wegman's. If none of that works, I'm hoofing it down to the Plaza to see what they've got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment