Friday, May 4, 2012

Don't Stop Me Now.

I'M HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME. I'M HAVING A BALL.

I'm feeling pretty stellar. Last night was just about THE MOST STELLAR DAY IN THE PAST TWO MONTHS OR SO, despite the general occupied trend of my past few days. It's pretty crazy, and I don't know where to begin. I think I'll begin with the weather, because that's how all small-talk works. We'll start small and work our way up.

Yesterday was sweltering. It was just HOT. There's no good word for it beyond that. Humid, stagnant, breezeless HOT. The whole day was like that, and it was nice to just parade around in sandals for a change. The heat kind of got to me though, and it held hands with my exhaustion from the night before, which ended on a kind of tense note as I was trying to resolve some anxiety Claire'd been feeling, and chose to do so in my typical confrontational, upfront, A-is-A manner. It wasn't the best way to go about things, because I'd wound up making everyone agitated, but it kind of resolved. Sort of. I think there's still some residual stuff, but I'm-...

Well, that has NO REAL BEARING on what I'm trying to say. I was up until 1:00 AM being pushy and forward, and then fixing the fact that I was pushy and forward. The fact that I usually crash at like, 10:00 PM and wake up at 5:00 really does me in, because I wound up facing the heat exhausted, and it culminated in a bad headache - my jog? I could like, feel my brain rattling in my skull. It was pretty terrible. Like PLAYING YAHTZEE WITH MY NOODLE.

I was kind of anticipating one of those hot, still evenings where it's just hot enough to be pleasant. Instead, a massive, massive torrential downpour came after an hour of still thunder and lightning that crackled around the full moon. It was pretty amazing. More amusing, I don't know what sort of event was going on but standing outside last night in itself was amusing. You see, for some reason, the apartment juxtaposed to mine?

 HAD A GREEN DAY COVER-BAND, A VERY BAD ONE, PLAYING BRAIN STEW AND A FEW LOVE BALLADS AT 11:00.

Does it stop there, Zack? Is that the end of late-night shenanigans?
Surely there's something funnier...

YOU BET YOUR ASS IT GETS BETTER!

See, once the lightning began, it began without rain, non-stop, and so bright that you could momentarily see entire spans of the city lit-up like some sort of colossal God or Alien Overlord had taken a snapshot of it with an equally colossal Polaroid camera. It was beautiful, and I wasn't the only one who thought so, because you see, there were a couple of drunken frat-boys at the end of the street, beers in hand, discussing it with AWESTRUCK STONER WONDER, which I will now quote below:

WOOOOAAAAH-...LOOK AT IT MAN. THAT WAS A MONSTER OF A THUNDER. LOOK AT IT. IT'S STILL GOING. THAT'S AMAZIN', DUDE. THAT'S FUCKIN' CHOICE. DO YOU THINK ANYONE TELLS THAT WHAT TO DO? THERE'S NO "GOVERNMENT AGENCY" THAT REGULATES THAT, BRAH. THAT SHIT'S UNTAMED. FUCKIN' MASTERPIECE, MAN.

I snrk'd harder than I'd openly snrk'd in a long time. 
I laughed like a damned hyena.

Shortly after, this torrential downpour began, at which point I donned sandals and stood out in it for a bit, and I did so with really great company on the other side of the globe doing the same and enjoying a particularly BALMY AND PLAYFUL breeze that'd kicked up. I laughed at the fact that I just emphasized balmy and playful, but it was distinctly such. 

Did a little roleplaying for the first time in a long time - I've had one of those dry-spells. I haven't really been into much ever since Onni passed away - he was kind of my go-to-guy for adventure, and nothing really felt the same without 'em. Me, and a fellow friend who used to play with him have been trying to kind of fix the weird, "Don't want to write anything," spell that was cast on us without Onni, so we've begun writing together. Last night featured a pretty great dramatic hostage situation. The captors reminded me a lot of the Patron-Minette Gang from Hugo's Les Misérables. In addition, I got to write about plum liquor. While I've heard it tastes a lot like Pedialyte, I've had a slight fascination with plum liquor ever since attempting to make my own Umeboshi, and seeing how neat it looks with little salted plums suspended in it over ice.

Plus, Characters Who Drink Liquor are cool. They always seem aloof, carefree, and intriguing.
Same thing with people who smoke anything other than cigarettes, like a pipe or cigars!

Anyways, where was I?
Crap, I don't really remember where I was going with this, so I'll end-out on a Recipe for Life:

THE AMAZIN' FUCKIN' CHOICE MASTERPIECE
 (Serves the entirety of a Green Day cover-band audience)
Ingredients:
1 full Green Day Cover-Band (rotten, lyrics coarsely chopped)
½
day Sweltering Heat.
½ day Torrential Downpour
3 Frat Boys (pickled)  
Thunder and Lightning (deveined with regulating Government Agencies removed)
1 Wonderful Person on the Other Side of the Globe
1 Moon (full)
1 bout Roleplay
  1. Preheat oven to 10—32° Kelvin, and add Sweltering Heat. When contents erupt into a firey conflagration, reduce to a low boil and add Torrential Downpour.
  2. Add Green Day Cover-Band and Frat Boys. Stir in Thunder and Lightning until amusing awestruck statements and love-ballads punctuate your boil.
  3. Spoon the contents of your day over your pre-admired Wonderful Person on the Other Side of the Globe, and place the full Moon on top. This should bring out many wonderful facets and unexplored yet pleasant flavors of exciting bipolarity.
  4. Garnish with a sprig of Roleplay. Serve thoroughly pleased, amused, and otherwise Fuckin' Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment